Sunday, July 10, 2011

12 days before departure

Hey everyone!

I have 12 days left in America before departing for Cambodia. It's amazing how much you get done when you're on a deadline like that! I have seen more people and done more things in the past two weeks than I have all year.  I feel guilty that it takes me leaving for over 2 years to start really living my life here in America. I guess it's equatable to people who know when they are dying and they finally accomplish everything on their bucket list in their remaining time. Except, knock on wood, I am not dying, just starting a brand new life and embarking on this new adventure.  
I've been going through cycles of emotions lately.  Sometimes I'm really excited, then really scared, then really happy, then really apprehensive, and sometimes I think "Heather, you've made the best decision of your life. All your plans are working out perfectly" and then other times I think "Wow Heather, what have you gotten yourself into".  Overall,  I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything in the world.  I know my life will be changed completely, my world turned upside down, but I know I will come out a better person on the other side of this experience.  

So come mosquitos, illness, gratuitous rice, humidity, language barriers, or whatever else may be, I'm in it for the long haul.

1 comment:

  1. Well written blog and pictures too.
    Please visit @ http://www.buddhanepaltrek.com/ @ for Nepal trek,Nepal trekking,Nepal tour,Ghorepani trekking,Hiking around Pokhara,kathamndu tour,Buddhist pilgrims tour,Pokhara packages tour and more services in Nepal.

    ReplyDelete